- This event has passed.
Climate Emergency Teach-in
March 2 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm EST
The Milano Whole Earth Task Force, made up of students, faculty, and staff, invites The New School community to a climate emergency teach-in. The aim is to raise awareness, build community momentum and open a space to share ideas and proposals concerning the climate emergency and what The New School can do to further climate-related education and actions.
Come for the entire teach-in or for individual sessions. Light snacks and refreshments will be available.
- 11:00 AM: Module 1. Planetary Emergency: The Urgency of Change for Just Sustainabilities
- 11:30 AM: Module 2. Root Shock and Culture Shift: Crisis and Response
- 12:00 PM: Module 3. Social Movements and Policy Change: Environmental and Climate Justice
- 12:30 PM: Module 4. Education and Teaching for Change in Times of Planetary Emergency
- 1:00 PM: Module 5. Management and Public Engagement for Change in Times of Crisis
- 1:30 PM: Module 6. Direct Nonviolent Action in the Face of Climate Policy Deadlock: Social Mobilization Paths to Climate Justice
- 2:30-3:00 PM: Wrap-up Discussion: Formulating a Collective Response to the Planetary/Climate Emergency: Contributions for a Comprehensive Plan of Action at The New School.
Learn more about the Climate Emergency Teach-in