There are major funding opportunities all Milano students should pay attention to. The list will be updated regularly to reflect upcoming deadlines. A broader set of opportunities and resources are available through the Provost’s Office.
Tips and Tricks for Applying to Grants and Fellowships
Checklist before applying
- What is the call looking for?
- What is the issue or problem?
- What is the question or purpose being asked?
- How should the question be answered?
- What methods should be employed to answer the question?
- What are the expected findings?
- Is the project appropriate for the call?
Be mindful where you apply
- The process is time consuming; loop in your committee early
- Identify and reflect on the opportunity
- It should help move your project forward without substantial changes
- Look at the funding committee and what has been funded in the past
- Include one phrase from the call to ensure the committee you understanding what they are looking for
- Show applicability to the mission of the funding organization
- It’s often not necessary to make claims or causal statements in the proposal
- Illustrate why your topic requires larger exploration and explain the relevance/importance to the call
- Identify your references/mentors early
- Be mindful of the length guidelines
- Have persistence and perspective: it is a time consuming process with endless editing