We thank you for your patience while this section is being updated. Please send your comments and suggestions to Executive Secretary of Milano, Gabrielle Belli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I. Milano Central
Welcome to Milano Central, Milano’s unofficial website geared towards current students and faculty. The main page provides updates on the current goings-on of the program, including news and events, and hosts links to student organizations, the IFP website, and resources for Milano faculty and students. For information specific to your program, navigate to your program page.
News and Events
The home page hosts a blog roll that is constantly updated and includes posts regarding faculty/student news, student and alumni bios, media, and event write-ups. Click any category or tag on a post to generate a list of similar posts. Upcoming events are posted in the right-hand navigation menu, and to access a comprehensive calendar that includes all Milano and university-wide events, navigate to the ‘Events’ tab on the main menu. Events can easily be integrated into your electronic calendar; instructions on how to do this are available here.
II. Google Groups
Milano uses Google Groups to share information, events, job listings and other related materials with the Milano community. To receive and post information and updates, please subscribe to our Google Groups:
NOTE: Please be cognizant when replying to Google Group emails. “Reply All” should be used sparingly, and only if the information you will send is pertinent to all who have subscribed to that particular Group, discussion or thread. If you have specific questions or comments, please make an effort to contact the sender directly, or other relevant individuals. If you feel something should be brought to the attention of administration, please contact email@example.com.
Below are abridged instructions to change your settings. For more detailed instructions on joining, posting and subscribing to Google Groups, please see the Google Group guide here.
- Log into your Google account.
- Click on the Google Apps icon in the top right corner of browser window. The icon is a 3×3 grid of gray blocks and the word ‘Apps’ should appear in the tooltip when the mouse is hovered over the icon.
- Select the Groups App from the drop down. You may have to click on ‘More’ or ‘Even More from Google’ before the Groups App icon is displayed. If you have to click the latter option the icon may be displayed under the ‘Social’ heading.
- After accessing the Groups App click ‘My Groups’ to see all Groups your account has joined. You may need to click ‘newschool.edu’ to change the organizational view.
- Here you can modify your member identity settings, email frequency settings and choose to ‘Leave this group.’ You can also view all posts made to the Group by clicking on the Group name.
III. Social Media
Connect with Milano School on social media to stay up to date!
See the links below to access New School fonts, letterheads and colors, to buy New School swag, and much more:
- New School Marketing and communications DIY service
- New School Merchandise (also available at the University Center, 63 5th Ave)
- Narwhal Merchandise
Your patience is appreciated while we update this section.