Welcome Faculty and Staff Resources. To request that a specific resource be added to this page email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receiving Administrative Support
Receive Support from Student Workers:
- For basic office assistance like copying, scanning, or technology troubleshooting contact an administrative student worker on your floor.
- For long-term projects or specialized tasks contact a student worker or staff from your program.
Submit Facilities Work Orders:
- Log in to the facilities work order system with your NetID@newschool.edu and your password.
- First time users should learn how to complete a work order, and review facilities management guidelines.
Send and Receive Mail (once a day pickup and delivery):
- Mailboxes are located in the back of floors 5, 6, and 7 across from the kitchen area.
- Inter-office and Postal Service mail should be placed in the Outgoing bin near the mailboxes.
- Bulk mail requires a Worktag for postage, which can be received from a student worker.
Scan, Copy, Print, and Fax with the Konica Minolta (one at back of floors 5, 6, and 7):
- Access Code: 2000
- Contact an administrative student worker to have your computer configured to print directly to the Konica Minolta.
- Fax Numbers: 5th fl, 212.229.5404; 6th fl, 212.229.5335; 7th fl, coming soon
- New School faculty and staff members can logon to fax.newschool.edu using a NetID username and password. By default, any individual can send fax communications from their personal fax profile. Incoming faxes, however, are received by a central office inbox associated with the office faxline.
- For all other technical issues contact Milano Communications at email@example.com or ext. 1100.
Purchase Supplies, Submit Expenses and Book Travel
- Submit expenses through MyDay. For support, please contact Sampson Oppedisano (Executive Assistant, Sampson@newschool.edu, ext.3416).
- Book travel through Concur. First time users must complete the Concur Application for Online Access and submit a hard copy to Sampson Oppedisano (Executive Assistant, Sampson@newschool.edu, ext.3416).
- Employees that purchase small dollar amounts between $1 and $1,000, request small dollar items through purchasing or travel on behalf of The New School should apply for a University issued credit card.
- Request general office supplies from student workers and specialized items from Sampson Oppedisano (Executive Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext.3416).
- To reserve rooms fill out this Room Request Form and email it to MilanoRooms@newschool.edu.
Ordering Business Cards
- Only when running low on business cards please send your current one to Sampson Oppedisano (Executive Assistant, email@example.com, ext.3416). Indicate the quantity (250 or 500) and any updates to the following fields: name, title line 1, title line 2, title line 3, email, telephone, extension, mobile, fax, social media contact 1, social media contact 2, social media contact 3, office/division 1, office/division 2, URL.
- Channels include Milano Central, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google Groups. For more information about these channels.
- Email publish-ready content only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include all relevant details such as event name, date, time, location, links, and a description.
- Social media posts are directly relevant to the Milano community and may include announcements pertaining to campus events (e.g. orientation, registration, commencement, conferences, lectures, etc.,) or alumni, faculty, and students (e.g. publications, media appearances, projects, lectures, interviews, new jobs, research, etc.)
- Facebook (one paragraph) and Twitter (140 characters) posts are link(s) accompanied by a concise sentence for Twitter, or a brief summary for Facebook (either the sentence or summary are intended to frame the content linked and entice the viewer to click).
- Milano Central Blog posts are original content (no more than two to three single spaced pages) or links accompanied by a one to three paragraph summary, review, commentary, etc., to provide framing.
- YouTube posts are a video (documentary, lecture, etc.) accompanied by a one to three paragraph description. Please use Google Drive to share the video with MilanoCommunications@newschool.edu and email the download link. Do not send videos greater than 50MB over email.
- Jobs, internship and fellowship announcements should be sent to MilanoCareers@newschool.edu to be published on Career Services specific social media channels or publish them yourself using Google Groups.
Marketing/Branding Resources and Editing Faculty Bio
Office Directories and Voicemail
- Organized by department and job description
- Sortable by first name, last name and job title
- Part-time faculty for the current semester
Guidelines, Guides and Forms
- Faculty-Student Communications Guidelines
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) Tutorial: This tutorial is designed to give you a base level knowledge of the rules governing the release of student information
- Affiliate Faculty Guidelines
- Milano Grading Guidelines
- Sexual Misconduct and Violence Policy
- Petition for Extension of Time for Removal of A Incomplete Grade
- School of Public Engagement Teaching Handout
- Grade Appeal Guidelines
Ombuds for Faculty and Staff
- Please see this page on The New School website for resources.